Away from Home (wherever that is)

The longer one stays away from “home” the more one doubts the attachments to persons who were once close. What does friendship mean? Are they but for a season and after some passing moments we must let go of them just like the boy who has a small robin in his hands and has the choice to hold onto it and kill it or let go of it giving it life?

I have appreciated the friends that have come into my life; the moments we shared along the road were real and meaningful. In this moment I am aware of the joy and the tears, the laughter and the fears. Perhaps it is not good to be reflective and so “heavy”on a blog, but I must write what I am feeling tonight. (I cannot write in my journal since my index finger is sprained).

I listen to the soundtrack of “The Mission.” The music is only matched by the brilliant storyline, the ending of which inevitably leaves the viewer disturbed and questioning his capability for ethical decision making. The question in my mind at the end of the movie and now at then end of tonight, “Have I lived to life to the full?” As I sit here sipping a beverage I am overcome thinking about it. If I had another chance what could I have made of it? One wonders in somber moments whether they have achieved potential and not just to secure their own standing in life. What of the people and the opportunities we passed because our minds were clouded with self doubt or selfishness?

Perhaps this is a fatalistic way of thinking or perhaps it is my beverage speaking.

Good night-o,
Marcel

PS - to all the old friends out there...i am not closing out the friendships. I just realize that things move to a different space over time. In some half baked way, I say "thank you" for the good times. Keep on rocking in the free world. Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts