The End of the Road

The other day I was up at a field office talking with staff. One of the guys told me he was a poet. I had never read any Liberian poetry so I asked to read it. Here is what he gave me:

The End of the Road

On the end of the road
We have fought the good fight
Survival of poverty, unemployment, weeping,
And sorrow of tears.
Tears drop, eyes are becoming heavy.

Minds of suffocation on those who perished
Goes to the living, goes to the dead.
This earth, this durst!
New Year of 2008 has come
Old year of 2007 coming very closer,
Closely towards Christmas:
Christmas parties!!
Party time, dancing time!!
The world wait, comes 2008.
We also wait to see a new day dawn,
Dawning to make all things new: come 2008!!

Written by: Moses Zongola Kollie

-------------------

Moses, my hat goes off to you. May you bless the world with your poems.

Comments

Popular Posts