Gilgit

Tomorrow I will take a bus ride up to the town of Gilgit, nestled nicely in the Karakoram mountain range. Depending on who you believe it can be a 17 / 24 / or 32 hour bus ride on the KKH (Karakoram Highway), a road notorious for never being quite finished. I am hoping for the 17 hour option, overnight version. That way my fear of heights will not get in the way.

Why am I going you may ask? Many reasons as per usual. I want to see if my new $7 boots can handle the snowbound peaks. I also want to realize my lifelong dream of finding a yeti. A yak would also suffice as I am not too picky in December. I would like to see the people of Hunza again, the land where mountains and culture meet.

My goal on the road is to sit by the window just in case things go awry.

Comments

Did you manage to stay away from that toilet for 70 hrs.?opaoma

Popular Posts