Iran as viewed through the lens of a traveler

Iran is in the news quite frequently these days. The majority of media consumers in the West find that the Iranians generally, and the Iranian government more specifically, are a threat to their safety and that of Israel. It is easy to see how that happens. When we look at what President Obama and other US government spokespeople say we have only one option to hold onto regarding Iran. They are considered a clear and imminent danger as they are rapidly expanding a violent nuclear program. At a later date I hope to get into details as to the lack of credibility on this assertion. For now, I want to acknowledge that I am having deja vue to 2003 when George W Bush spoke of Iraq being an imminent threat to Israel and the US. Sanctions did not work in Iraq and will not work in Iran. The end result that the Western powers are pushing for is a regime change in Iran, but first they are working the angles on Syria.



As the West looks to go to war once again against the Muslim world I want to dig out some photos taken from a trip I across Iran in 2009. Here I am in Yazd in Southern Iran where I had a very pleasant encounter with a few men selling potatoes and watermelon. I am loathe to support a war after having met unwavering kindness from the Iranian people.






Comments

Popular Posts