"Back in the Wack"

To the brave few who continue to check this blog in anticipation of a new posting:

I am back in Chilliwack and loving it. Fresh blueberries, cherries and gevuld speculaas from my mother. Here are some poems that I wrote in a semi-delirious state on the 30 hour trip back to Canada from Liberia. I wrote these sometime between my nap in the London starbucks and the smile at the touchdown in Calgary.

I wrote three poems, but i will only feature two on the blog. I hope you enjoy.


Poem1: The mystery of light at 30
Thoughts swirl in an eddy of darkness
The stars, electrons of light
Pulsating with the dreams of excited children.

The first light casts shadows across the sky
Clouds, a boiling mass
Hiding in the cool air of the endless night.

The light now alive, races across the studded landscape
A rider in full pursuit of his foe
Leaving no corner untouched by his radiant glow.

This fire spreads across the crisp morning
Life...a gift of perfect consideration
Rise! And let us go...
The inevitable pursuit of purpose.


Poem 2: Stubborn Hope
Tell me, what is love?
And I will tell you what is in my heart
Secrets buried, dreams long forgotten
In the busyness of the common man.

Yet I will arise and go now
To rediscover the source of my stubborn hope
That travels beyond fear and malicious insecurity
A journey of the two minds, one heart
Alive with love.

Comments

T.I.Houghton said…
Marcel,

It was a pleasure to meet you at the SP Canada office. I enjoyed your stories then, and have been enjoying your blog now. I hope your break is excellent and restful.

Timothy

Popular Posts