Random photos from the trip

An Iraqi man showing us truly why he is a woman's man or so he claims.


I stared at this mosaic in Antep, Turkey until i was released from this woman's stare. It took quite a while.


This god of the river is saying: "hey why don't we head to my favourite picnic spot." The woman female goddess is saying: "Phsh! Whateva!" and the snake / demon creature is saying: "Ha! Told you the beard just wasn't doing it anymore." That was my interpretation. (I have no idea what the upside down fish are meant to represent.)


Finally the sun came out in Cappadocia, Turkey

Frescoe of Jesus Christ.


Incredible paintings from the 10th century. Even though this photo looks incredibly saturated it isn't. The paintings have been touched up and they took my breath away. Good place to sing a hymn.


The mountains of Kurdistan, Northern Iraq.


The taxi driver on the right drove like a bat out of hell, but he did play some very entertaining Kurdish music. I think he just wanted a cup of tea with his cigarette.

Comments

Kevan said…
Good stuff my friend. Love the tree shot!
Thanks Kev. I was fortunate enough for the sun to come out. Photography can be a matter of timing (the photographer may have something to do with it).

Popular Posts