A new volume of life begins

I'm not quite sure that title is accurate. I do not know if a new volume (a larger shift than a chapter) has begun or if this is an interlude of sorts. Musical interludes are typically short and peppy. I do not know how short this will be, but there is definitely some pep in my blood as I seek out a new way. 

Two weeks ago, I was in Ontario working at a good job with some great colleagues and surrounded by a small community of friends who taught me about the beauty of the present moment. Despite this I knew that I had to leave and seek out a new road in my life. It is here in Flagstaff that I find myself having driven from a town near Toronto to Arizona.

Some have looked at my decision with a slight sense of jealousy wanting the freedom of the open road, to throw caution to the wind and run in a new direction. There is a great sense of it, but on the flip side we find a lot of security in our careers, work relationships and established routines. To leave that opens us up to having to hook our identity on other pegs.

Maybe I could finally be a redneck wearing a rush limbaugh t-shirt driving a raised Ford F350. We'll see. 

Comments

Popular Posts